Monday, July 02, 2007

I have tomatoes on my tomato plants!


It's true.

I've been watering them once a week since I planted them.

I went down to the garden today to put cages around them for support (before they get too big, or the cages wouldn't fit around them then: I'd be breaking stems off).

Just about every tomato plant has tomatoes already -- and lots more flowers, indicating tomatoes to come.
Here is a picture of some of the black cherry tomatoes,





as well as a shot of the eight plants (plus two basil).





I planted three birdhouse gourd plants today (they take a lot of space). 120 days to ripen. I should be able to harvest them around Thanksgiving, and then dry them out and drill openings in them.

2 comments:

Sandy Kemsley said...

Looking good! Caprese salad is not far off...

pat said...

Stop me if I decide I need a yak to make my own Buffalo Mozzarella...