Sunday, May 23, 2010

More stuff from Veseys!

I've got 3 blue sea holly, which I'm going to plant in among my roses in the front garden for contrast,
2 bleeding hearts for the back garden,
and the following ferns:
Hay scented - can grow up to 24 or 36" high, and will take any amount of light. They recommend putting it near a pathway so its fronds can be bruised and crushed, releasing the scent.
Ostrich hardy - 24-60". Might be aggressive. Might be what I already have in the back yard!
Christmas - 24-36" high, does well in full to partial shade.
Maidenhair - 12-24", black stems, medium shade
Sensitive - 12-18", sunshine or shade.
Lady -- 24-36", partial shade
Cinnamon - 24-36", can go from wet, swampy to dry shade.
Toothed wood - 12-24", really lacy, semi evergreen!
Leatherwood - 24-36" semi evergreen, often used by florists, they say.
Royal fern - 36-48" -- this is a tall one! I will probably place it between some of the hostas to add some height.

Tonight I'll use my indelible marker on popsicle sticks so I know what is planted where, and tomorrow I will plant and water. Have only had about a millimeter of water in the last week.

No comments: